The Blacksmith Profession is part of the profession system added in Point Release 7. It is designed to take you through the various stages of being a Blacksmith from being brand new to the skill to becoming a grandmaster*.
In order to progress through the Blacksmith profession you will require the following skills:
The Quest Line
There are 5 stages to the profession line Introduction, apprentice, Journeyman, Master and Grandmaster. Although if you already have a minimum of 30 skill in required skills you can skip the introduction quest. (please note that as of Point Release 7 only the introduction & apprentice stages are available for this skill).
Learn Blacksmithing (Introduction)
The following quest can be skipped if you already have 30 in the Blacksmithing Skill.
- Activate the profession via the professions UI.
- Speak to an NPC Blacksmith within any of the major towns.
- Make 10 Iron Bars from Iron Ore.
- Speak to a Blacksmith
- Craft an Iron Dagger, (You will need an Anvil & the iron that were made earlier).
- Speak to a Blacksmith
Once you have completed the quest you will be rewarded with 30 skill in Blacksmithing.
Pound It Out (Apprentice)
You must have a minimum of 30 skill to start this quest.
- Begin the quest via the Professions UI.
- Speak to a Blacksmith in any of the main towns
- Complete a Crafting Order by accepting one from the Blacksmith. Once complete speak to the blacksmith and hand it back.
- Speak to a Blacksmith.
When you complete the quest you will receive 100 Iron Bars
You must have a minimum of 50 skill to start this quest.
- Make 2 sets of copper chain armor and deliver them to Belhaven.
- Make 15 Gold Great Axes and deliver them to Eldeir.
- Make 10 Iron Spears and 5 Gold Quarterstaffs and deliver them to Black Forest Outpost.
Reward: Manufacturing I - Reduced crafting time of trivial recipes to 1.5 seconds.
Mass Production (Master)
You must have a minimum of 80 skill to start this quest.
- Make a set of every craftable weapon in iron.
- Make 500 Cobalt Bars. You need to have the 500 at the same time in your backpack or be holding them.
- Make a set of Obsidian Full Plate Armor (Helm, Leggings and Torso)
Reward: Manufacturing II - Reduced crafting time of trivial recipes to 1.0 seconds.
- Travel to the Southern Rim and speak to Yewell Steeltounge outside Iris Cave
- Bring a 50% bonus damage weapon you crafted to Yewell Steeltounge outside Iris Cave (just show, you don't actually lose the item)
- Bring an Artisan's Commission to Yewell Steeltounge outside Iris Cave (A rare token obtained from tier 10 crafting recipes or bought from other players.)
Reward: Manufacturing III - Reduced crafting time of trivial recipes to 0.5 seconds.