The information in this article is up-to-date as of version Early Access v0.8.3.
|Guy the Trader|
|Map of Upper Plains||200 gold|
|Printed Note||10 gold|
|Blank Rune||200 gold|
Oh dear, more quests... how can I - wait a minute, you're a newcomer! From the portal! Tell me, do you remember anything from beyond the portal?
- I have a question...
- Who are you?
- I'm Guy the Trader. I've been running this stall since long before the whole thing with Tethys and the gods and what not. I've got plenty of merchandise. You really should look at my wares.
- What's your story?
- Well sir, if you must know I'm pretty much the most valued seller in town. I've been doing this for fifteen years now. Bit of a shame that plague, and the imprisoning... but I'm still in business, so that's the good news, right?
- Why are you a trader?
- My grandfather was a carpenter, and so was my father. I never liked carpentry myself so I ended up taking an apprenticeship with a spice trader, great fellow he was. Died in Petra three years ago, definitely a shame. But I've been running his business ever since, and that's my story.
- I have a personal question...
- Uhh... Erm... A 'personal' question you say? Why... yes... go ahead and ask, my friend.
- Do you have a family?
- Erm, unfortunately not, my whole family's already passed away. I'm 53 you know, and an only child. It's hard for a man my age to look this good, expensive too, believe me.
- What's your last name?
- Erm... uh... it's a personal thing isn't it, your last name? Hah hah... erm... Say-y-y, why don't you take a look at these apples over here? Very nice aren't they, hah hah...? Ehm...
- ...Uh-huh. Very nice apples...
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Spare time? Is that a joke of some sort? While it would be lovely to go walk in the park, the fact of the matter is that I'm needed here, in the market. My supplier wouldn't want me to lose sales because I went fishing, or sailing, or digging for treasure... Say that reminds me, you wouldn't want to invest in a little venture of mine, would you?