Unlike the crafting skills Carpentry and Blacksmithing, recipes do not need to be obtained for Inscription. All items that can be crafted are always available (provided the player has enough skill points and materials). Furthermore, all crafted spell scrolls are identical. The Inscription skill only dictates what scrolls may be crafted and the chance at which scrolls are successfully crafted.
To Inscribe, players must obtain scrolls and reagents. Players must then head to an Inscription Table. Inscription Tables may be found at Scribe shops or may be crafted through Carpentry.
Players may then interact with the Inscription Table and select which spell scroll they wish to craft. If the player has enough skill points and the correct ingredients, the player character will then enter a crafting animation. Once the crafting animation ends, the game will perform an RNG (random number generator) skill check to see if the player character succeeds. If they do, the scroll will be placed into their inventory.
Players can earn skill points during crafting, regardless of success or failure.
Crafted items[edit | edit source]
Scrolls[edit | edit source]
Spellbooks[edit | edit source]
|Spellbook||15||10 Frayed Scrolls, 1 Ancient Scroll, 5 Fine Scrolls|
Books[edit | edit source]
|Book*||0||10 Blank Scrolls|
|Runebook||60||10 Ancient Scrolls|
*Note: Books come in 3 variations: Red, Green, or Blue)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Blank Scrolls restock at vendors every 30 minutes.
- Be aware that though blank scrolls may stack, their weight is 1 per scroll.
- Staff crafting is listed in the Inscription GUI but is presently unavailable for players.
- Once a Scribe completes their profession quests for Inscription, they will gain prestige traits that will allow them to efficiently use their scrolls for combat—an alternative to Magery.
- The Spell Power gained from Inscription, accessible after completing Inscription's profession quests, can Magery-oriented builds.
Scroll Drop Locations:
- Frayed Scrolls are often found on low-level casters, such as Goblin Shamans.
- Blank Scrolls can be bought for 10 copper at Inscription Vendors in town.
- Fine Scrolls drop from higher-level casters such as Bone Magi found at Ruined Towns.
- Ancient Scrolls drop from high-level creatures, such as Gazer and Lich Lords.
Training guide[edit | edit source]
Note: Crafting successfully or unsuccessfully seem to have the same rate of gains. Crafting becomes trivial 50.1 points after the minimum crafting skill. Each 0.1 skill gain increases chance of successly craft by 0.2%
- It is cheaper to simply pay a scribe NPC 300 and train the skill up to 30.0 than trying to farm frayed scrolls.
- From 30 to 53.5, you can easily buy Blank Scrolls and make Fireball Scrolls.
- 53.5 to 60, make Lightning, Greater Heal, or Wall of Fire. Wall of Fire has a slightly higher cost than the others.
- From 60 to 85, you can make Rock Bombardment, Energy Bolt, or Cloak. In theory, you can gain all the way to 96.4, but keep in mind that the aforementioned spells use Fine Scrolls. This means that you will either need to buy scrolls from players (in-game or through a third-party chat/discussion forum) or farm them yourself by fighting casters such as Bone Magi. After 80 the gains slow down quite a bit, and you can choose to make Resurrect or Meteor instead using Ancient Scrolls if you like.
- At 90+ skill you're able to consistently craft the higher-end spells (Meteor, Earthquake, Portal, Ward Evil, and Resurrection) using Ancient Scrolls.
Cicada's Skillgain Log/Training Guide[edit | edit source]
|Reagents Used||Item(s) Crafted||Starting Skill||Ending Skill||Gain||Reagent Cost|
|100 Fine Scrolls
62 Lemon Grass
NPC Trainers[edit | edit source]
Profession Guide[edit | edit source]
Here are the steps to complete for each tier of the Scribe Profession:
Chapter One (Apprentice)[edit | edit source]
- Speak to a Scribe.
- Craft a Heal Scroll.
- Craft a Cure Scroll.
- Craft an Infuse Scroll.
- Craft a Mana Missile Scroll.
- Craft a Refresh Scroll.
- Craft a Ruin Scroll.
- Craft a Poison Scroll.
- Craft a Fireball Scroll.
- Craft a Teleport Scroll.
- Craft a Wall of Fire Scroll.
- Craft a Greater Heal Scroll.
- Craft a Lightning Scroll.
- Speak to a Scribe.
Reward: 50 Frayed Scroll
Fire & Brimstone (Journeyman)[edit | edit source]
Master[edit | edit source]
Grandmaster[edit | edit source]
- Craft 10 Runebooks.