Legends of Aria, formerly known as Shards Online, is a sandbox massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) from Citadel Studios. The game is free to play and features official and community-run servers. It is currently in an early access status and available to backers on the official site and on Steam. Currently, only Windows is supported but there are plans to include Mac and Linux support.
Discover a world forged by players, where your choices write the story. From seasoned Mage to ambitious Warrior, from adventurous Treasure Hunter to skilled Blacksmith, choose your path and experience Legends of Aria on your own terms.
Legends of Aria is a sandbox MMORPG with a living, breathing world defined and shaped by its player community. It is a world of dangers where bonds are forged -- and broken -- by players writing their own stories.
- Player Housing – Claim your house plot anywhere in the world by obtaining one of many housing blueprints currently available in the game. You have complete control over the items placed in and around your house including furniture, crafting tools, and lockable storage containers.
- Skill Based Character Development – Your skills gain naturally as you use them. With over 20 skills already in the game and more being added each release.
- Crafting – Metalsmithing, Woodsmithing, Fabrication and Alchemy are functionally complete. Over 100 recipes are available for crafters to use to create items!
- Animal Taming – We currently have 20+ tameable creatures that not only respond to your commands but also age and gain skill the longer you keep them.
- Combat – We have a completely tactical and skill based combat system with 15+ combat abilities, 20+ spells, and 10+ skill based abilities.
- PvP – Outside of the guard protected areas of the world, PvP is completely unrestricted and players must stick together to protect each other from the forces of evil. The penalty for death ranges by server rules from a slap on the wrist to full loot.
- Catacombs Dungeon – Catacombs is a massive 3 level dungeon that changes configurations every few hours. The dungeon is filled with traps, terrors and epic loot for players to explore and hunt.
- Boss Battles – Test your mettle against one of our many nasty bosses: Forest Ogres, The Cultist King, The Spider Queen, The Greater Demon of Kho, The Greater Dragon, The Guardian of the Void, and Death.
- Titles – In addition to the title you earn from your pledge level, players can also earn in-game titles. There are currently 150+ titles available including titles like "Leader of the Revolution" and "Bane of the Dragon Age".
- Faction System – There are two factions struggling for control of Celador, The Villagers and The Cultists, by completing tasks for them you can gain faction which gives you access to titles, additional tasks and access to special areas of the map.
- Guilds – Players can come together to form guilds that can claim their own lands and even go to war with other guilds.
- Character Customization – The first pass on character customization is complete which allows you to choose from several skin types and hair styles for both male and female. You can also change your hair color.
- Community Servers and Modding – Several of our pre-alpha admins have 24/7 community servers running with custom created content. (NOTE: Some aspects of modding will not be available until after Early Access release)
Only English is currently supported for the Interface and full audio. There are no subtitles.